Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of newhaven's message #11043502 « Head Shot Tests - Hurley style »

newhaven
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Head Shot Tests - Hurley style

Blutch,
I used several techniques to improve color and contrast.

1. Copy the green channel to a new layer and set the blend mode to luminosity. Reduce opacity to about 50% or as needed.

2. Use any adjustment layer (or you could use a copy of the image) set to the multiply blend mode. Mask the effect with a blurred RGB luminosity mask. Adjust as necessary.

3. Frequency separation. Make a duplicate of the low layer. Use the lasso tool to make selections where the color is uneven or blotchy and apply gaussian blur. Layer order - high frequency on top, followed by a low frequency copy, with the low frequency layer underneath.
Look up frequency separation on the web if you are not familiar with it.

4. For color, add two hue saturation adjustment layers. Set the hue slider to +15 on the first one, and -15 on the second. Add black masks to both and paint with a low opacity white brush. This will help to balance the color.

I will attempt to explain more later.

Oct 18, 2012 at 01:17 AM
newhaven
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Head Shot Tests - Hurley style

Blutch,
I used several techniques to improve color and contrast.
1. Copy the green channel to a new layer and set the blend mode to luminosity. Reduce opacity to about 50% or as needed.
2. Use any adjustment layer (or you could use a copy of the image) set to the multiply blend mode. Mask the effects with a blurred RGB luminosity mask. Adjust as necessary.
3. Frequency separation. Make a duplicate of the low layer directly above the low layer. Use the lasso tool to make selections where the color is uneven or blotchy and apply gaussian blur.

Look up frequency separation on the web if you are not familiar with it.

4. For color, add two hue saturation adjustment layers. Set the hue slider to +15 on the first one, and -15 on the second. Add black masks to both and paint with a low opacity white brush. This will help to balance the color.

I will attempt to explain more later.

Oct 15, 2012 at 02:52 PM

Previous versions of newhaven's message #11043502 « Head Shot Tests - Hurley style »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.