Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Bob Jarman's message #11043054 « Walk about - Roots + 2 »

Bob Jarman
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Walk about - Roots + 2

Oregon Gal wrote:
The first image would benefit from some early morning or late afternoon side light to bring out the textures of the roots. I much prefer the B/W over the color and you did a nice job with the processing. I agree with Ben and IndyFab about it looking like an alligator on one end and a fish on the other.

I love the last image and shoting it from a lower perspective works well.

Thanks Barbara,

As for #1, ironically the cut in the hillside faces due NE and this particular time of day (shortly after sun clears treeline on opposite side of lake) is the only in which it receives sunlight and even then it is still mostly obscured by tress on the opposite side of the road. Side lighting isn\'t going to happen...not that this is an excuse for the image

Self-critique on last image: camera position and soft, rich tone works well. It needs work on foreground as there is probably as much soil as grass and I would like for that area to be darker. I would also like for the tree trunk to be sharper. I could not get there with LR or USM tool in PS - need to employ another technique using history brush. Perhaps that will work better, or, maybe a lost cause. Solution - next time bring a tripod

Regards,

Bob

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Previous versions of Bob Jarman's message #11043054 « Walk about - Roots + 2 »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.