Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of AGeoJO's message #11037931 « Please post images taken with Canon 24-70mm Mark II »

AGeoJO
Upload & Sell: On
Images captured using Canon 24-70mm Mark II

After two weeks of traveling and yes, taking pictures, of course in 4 Southwestern States, I really had the chance of trying out the new lens. I took close of 2K images (out of 3+K) using only that lens during that trip and that lens did perform really well. It is worth the price? It is up to the individual user but I don\'t want to be without this lens, for sure. It is definitely a worthy match to the 70-200mm Mark II. Combined the two lenses with a 17mm TS-E and a 1.4X TC you got yourself a very capable all around setup.

It is flare resistant alright and the star burst of bright light sources in the frame are rendered nicely. Well, the shape of the moon below is somewhat elongated due to time exposure. However, I noticed vignetting on images taken at aperture of less than f/5.6 in the upper corners of images showing bright areas, such as the sky. Not as severe as the 24-105mm but it was definitely visible. The current LR 4.2 hasn\'t listed this lens\' profile and as such, no automatic correction can be done at this point.

Here is a selection of 8 images to get this going. Everyone, please feel free to post your images taken with that lens on this thread.

Thanks,
Joshua

Oct 13, 2012 at 12:51 PM
AGeoJO

After two weeks of traveling and yes, taking pictures, of course in 4 Southwestern States, I really had the chance of trying out the new lens. I took close of 2K images (out of 3+K) using only that lens during that trip and that lens did perform really well. It is worth the price? It is up to the individual user but I don\'t want to be without this lens, for sure. It is definitely a worthy match to the 70-200mm Mark II. Combined the two lenses with a 17mm TS-E and a 1.4X TC you got yourself a very capable all around setup.

It is flare resistant alright and the star burst of bright light sources in the frame are rendered nicely. Well, the shape of the moon below is somewhat elongated due to time exposure. However, I noticed vignetting on images taken at aperture of less than f/5.6 in the upper corners of images showing bright areas, such as the sky. Not as severe as the 24-105mm but it was definitely visible. The current LR 4.2 hasn\'t listed this lens\' profile and as such, no automatic correction can be done at this point.

Here is a selection of 8 images.... Thanks!

Oct 13, 2012 at 10:38 AM
AGeoJO

Here is a selection of 8 images.... Thanks!

Oct 13, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Previous versions of AGeoJO's message #11037931 « Please post images taken with Canon 24-70mm Mark II »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.