Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Big Appa's message #11033673 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

Big Appa
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nice work with the long MF Nikons, Choung and Jose. Monty, Leighton, your black and white shots are impressive.
Now for something a little different, an abstract!

Now then, to make an abstract such as this, some unique technique is required.
First, you must be out on a hiking trail, with shots of autumn in mind.
Along the trail, you must decide that the lens you've mounted is not the focal length
you desire. You must find a good place to sit, remove that lens, and from your camera
bag select a lens, in this case, my 50mm 1.8. After the lens is mounted, and you select the proper lens in the non CPU lens menu, you must NOT notice the lens is set at f11.
At the ISO used, that will give you a nice slow shutter speed. Then pack up your bag, place it's strap over your right shoulder. DO NOT TURN YOUR CAMERA OFF.
Place it's strap over your right sholder. Now then, when walking on the trail, the strap must hit the shutter release. You will hear the camera take a shot all on it's own.
Now, I can't say this technique will work just like this every time, but it will indeed
result in a unique image!

Ed

Oct 11, 2012 at 07:08 PM
Big Appa
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nice work with the long MF Nikons, Choung and Jose. Monty, Leighton, your black and white shots are impressive.
Now for something a little different, an abstract!

Now then, to make an abstract such as this, some unique technique is required.
First, you must be out on a hiking trail, with shots of autumn in mind.
Along the trail, you must decide that the lens you've mounted is not the focal length
you desire. You must find a good place to sit, remove that lens, and from your camera
bag select a lens, in this case, my 50mm 1.8. After the lens is mounted, and you select the proper lens in the non CPU lens menu, you must not notice the lens is set at f11.
At the ISO used, that will give you a nice slow shutter speed. Then pack up your bag, place it's strap over your right shoulder. DO NOT TURN YOUR CAMERA OFF.
Place it's strap over your right sholder. Now then, when walking on the trail, you will hear the camera take a shot all on it's own. The strap must hit the shutter release.
Now, I can't say this technique will work just like this every time, but it will indeed
result in a unique image!

Ed

Oct 11, 2012 at 07:05 PM

Previous versions of Big Appa's message #11033673 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »