Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of glacierpete's message #11032456 « Saw this image and just had to order the DP2M, couldn't fight it »

glacierpete
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Saw this image and just had to order the DP2M, couldn't fight it

rattymouse wrote:

Nonsense. An f/2 lens will allow you to shoo at base ISO in more situations than an f/2.8 lens. Further, there are plenty of extremely sharp f/2 lenses.

Rattymouse, it is a rangefinder lens. The lens on the body is very small, it goes deep into the camera body and sits nearly on the sensor. To construct a digital sensor/lens combination to perform here with out corner softness and color shift is a master piece. The nex 5n, and more the higher resolving nex 7 have their problems with range finder lenses.
That is the reason why even Leica had to code it's lenses to get some in body correction running on their digital Leica M's.

The only comparable extremly sharp 28mm 2.0 rangerfinder lens, I am aware of, would be the LEICA Summicron 28mm f/2 ASPH. (Price: $4,295 without body)

Oct 11, 2012 at 06:25 AM
glacierpete
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Saw this image and just had to order the DP2M, couldn't fight it

rattymouse wrote:

Nonsense. An f/2 lens will allow you to shoo at base ISO in more situations than an f/2.8 lens. Further, there are plenty of extremely sharp f/2 lenses.

Rattymouse, it is a rangefinder lens. The lens on the body is very small, it goes deep into the camera body and sits nearly on the sensor. To construct a digital sensor/lens combination to perform here with out corner softness and color shift is a master piece. The nex 5n and more the higher resolving nex 7 have their problems with range finder lenses.
That is the reason why even Leica had to code it's lenses to get some in body correction running on their digital Leica M's.

The only comparable extremly sharp 28mm 2.0 rangerfinder lens, I am aware of, would be the LEICA Summicron 28mm f/2 ASPH. (Price: $4,295 without body)

Oct 11, 2012 at 05:56 AM

Previous versions of glacierpete's message #11032456 « Saw this image and just had to order the DP2M, couldn't fight it »