Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Access's message #11031489 « True value of the 5D3? »

Access
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: True value of the 5D3?

Ralph Conway wrote:
I guess Robert is right. The true value of a camera is exactly what people pay for it.

Yeah basically, value is this, if I own the item, if I were to try to sell it (today) on the open market, how much could I get for it.

Things like "how much the item cost to manufacture", "how much you think the item is worth", or "how much money you have made with the item", or "how much fun you had with the item", even the capabilities of said item "It does X better/worse thean Y" are all kinda beside the point. They can affect the value, but they don't determine it or set it.

Value can differ depending on who is holding the item, ie. a dealer who can get more for the camera than I can because they have a storefront or a reputable website.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Access

Ralph Conway wrote:
I guess Robert is right. The true value of a camera is exactly what people pay for it.

Yeah basically, value is this, if I own the item, if I were to try to sell it (today) on the open market, how much could I get for it.

Things like "how much the item cost to manufacture", "how much you think the item is worth", or "how much money you have made with the item", or "how much fun you had with the item", even the capabilities of said item "It does X better/worse thean Y" are all kinda beside the point. They can affect the value, but they don't determine it or set it.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Access

Ralph Conway wrote:

Things like "how much the item cost to manufacture", "how much you think the item is worth", or "how much money you have made with the item", or "how much fun you had with the item", even the capabilities of said item "It does X better/worse thean Y" are all kinda beside the point. They can affect the value, but they don't determine it.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Access

Ralph Conway wrote:

Things like "how much the item cost to manufacture", "how much you think the item is worth", or "how much money you have made with the item", or "how much fun you had with the item" are all kinda beside the point.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Access

Ralph Conway wrote:

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Previous versions of Access's message #11031489 « True value of the 5D3? »