Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of ChrisRD's message #11030801 « True value of the 5D3? »

ChrisRD
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: True value of the 5D3?

IMO it\'s a tough thing to quantify as it will vary for individuals. As a hobbyist I felt the initial price was a bit steep, but that\'s typical with new products and there is a premium to be paid for being an early adopter.

For me, since it effectively replaced a couple of older camera bodies. It\'s a better performer and overall it fits my needs better then either/both of the cameras I sold to fund it and my kit is more compact and simplified now. Even at the early pricing it was a bit less than the resale value of the two cameras it replaced...so for me, I felt it was still a good value.

If I did not have gear to sell to fund the camera I probably would have waited a year or so for the price to drop, but as mentioned above, the value of the gear I sold was also dropping so it wouldn\'t have made that much of a monetary difference to wait in my case (and I also place some value on having the camera now rather than later).

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:51 PM
ChrisRD
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: True value of the 5D3?

IMO it\'s a tough thing to quantify as it will vary for individuals. As a hobbyist I felt the initial price was a bit steep, but that\'s typical with new products and there is a premium to be paid for being an early adopter.

For me, since it effectively replaced a couple of older camera bodies it was actually a good value even at the early pricing. It\'s a better performer and overall it fits my needs better then either/both of the cameras I sold to fund it and my kit is more compact and simplified now.

If I did not have gear to sell to fund the camera I probably would have waited a year or so for the price to drop, but as mentioned above, the value of the gear I sold was also dropping so it wouldn\'t have made that much of a monetary difference to wait in my case (and I also place some value on having the camera now rather than later).

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Previous versions of ChrisRD's message #11030801 « True value of the 5D3? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.