Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of vchowdhary's message #11029138 « Just bought a new D600 from Amazon, but I'm not sure it's new.. »

vchowdhary
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Just bought a new D600 from Amazon, but I'm not sure it's...

1. The LCD protector was already on the body, though it still had a sticker on it.
Last 6 cameras I've purchased new (Nikons) have come with lcd protector on. Some don't come with a sticker (D800s all do not come with stickers none of mine have)

2. No sticker on the top LCD
There is no sticker for top lcd

3. Battery was already 50% charged.
So far all Nikon's I have ordered new have come with Batteries partially charged

4. 1 Plastic pouch was already opened, looks like it held the battery.
Was there a sticker on the plastic pouch? If not, the battery may have just slipped out.

5. When I turned on the camera, it didn't prompt me to set a date/time. I know that this is disputed to whether you get a prompt or not.

None of the Nikons bought this year D800s and D600 have prompted me to enter dates.

Your shutter count says 3 - this is the biggest indicator that it may have been used.

But its possible that you had take a few shots without a memory card in the camera?

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Previous versions of vchowdhary's message #11029138 « Just bought a new D600 from Amazon, but I'm not sure it's new.. »