Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of jcolwell's message #11025733 « Hoping to love X-100, seeking tips too »

jcolwell
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Hoping to love X-100, seeking tips too

Hi Bruce,

I was an early adopter of the X100. I still use it a lot. I have the OEM leather case and OEM hood. I normally use the camera on a Domke Gripper 1" strap, with the hood attached and the 'body fixed' part of the case on the camera. The other part of the case that flips up and over the top, to cover the front of the camera (the original speed case concept) doesn't fit over the attached hood. It might fit over the Pentax MH-RC slim hood mentioned above by Douglas, but the very similar Voigltander Ultron 40/2 hood that I have does not fit under the case, because you have to stack step rings to get it on. So to speak.

I don't use a protective filter on the X100; the hood keeps me comfortable.

I suggest you get a stash of extra betteries. The three Lenmar DLF95 batteries that I picked up are undistinguishable in terms of performance from the two Fujifim OEM NP-95 batts that I also have. Too bad the X-Pro 1 takes a different type.

Cheers, Jim

Oct 08, 2012 at 08:32 PM

Previous versions of jcolwell's message #11025733 « Hoping to love X-100, seeking tips too »