Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of xopher's message #11025552 « Defective 5D Mark 3 with Red noise in blacks and shadows? »

xopher
Upload & Sell: Off
5D Mark 3 Red noise in blacks and shadows?

I recently noticed some red noise patches to appear in the shadows and blacks of ALL my photos.

Below is a link of sample shot with the problem im referring to:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ctpcheng/8068082339/in/photostream

Feel free to download the original or view it at the original size!

If you pixel peep at 1:1, you will notice the red noise i was referring to around his grey jacket and back pack. After noticing this problem, I\'ve started seeing it EVERYWHERE on all my shots. I was shooting a birthday party in low light yesterday and the grey curtains were just plagued with this noise.

I sent a sample image to one of my professional friends who also uses the same camera and she said it might be a lens issue because she hasn\'t experience this before or has heard of this happening to anyone. Most of my shots have been done with the 35L lately so ill have to switch up my lens and run more tests...

So do i have a defective sensor? is this happening to everyone? suggestions?

Oct 08, 2012 at 02:40 PM

Previous versions of xopher's message #11025552 « Defective 5D Mark 3 with Red noise in blacks and shadows? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.