Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of sjms's message #11024675 « Really Right Stuff Tripods »

sjms
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Really Right Stuff Tripods

here is where perception varies. when you look at a CX213 (similar design to the Gitzo GT2530ex) and measure the base height you are taking it off the top of the hinge stack and the centerpost to the flat of the platform. when you look at a TVC and measure the height it has from the top of the spider which is its baseplate and in base form its platform.
CX-213 56.5"
TVC-23 52.4"
image reference from B&H http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/486877-REG/Induro_463_213_CX213_Carbonflex_8X_CX_Series.html

the CX-213 has at minimum 3" of additional assemble not on the TVC to begin with. the TVC itself is modular in design and allow either a CP or a leveling base be added which if in place would be within a margin of error the same height range.

i do have a Gitzo GT2540ex (i have no issues with 4 sections. especially on this type of legset. it actually adds to its versatility) which is the base by which used to design it. it is still missing some abilities for some uses that are present in the original that make it the superior model and not just the higher priced one as long as you have actual use for it.

its in thr details.

Oct 08, 2012 at 01:37 PM
sjms

here is where perception varies. when you look at a CX213 (similar design to the Gitzo GT2530ex) and measure the base height you are taking it off the top of the hinge stack and the centerpost to the flat of the platform. when you look at a TVC and measure the height it has from the top of the spider which is its baseplate and in base form its platform.
CX-213 56.5"
TVC-23 52.4"
image reference from B&H http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/486877-REG/Induro_463_213_CX213_Carbonflex_8X_CX_Series.html

the CX-213 has at minimum 3" of additional assemble not on the TVC. the TVC itself is modular in design and allow either a CP or a leveling base be added which if in place would be within a margin of error the same height range.

i do have a Gitzo GT2540ex (i have no issues with 4 sections. especially on this type of legset. it actually adds to its versatility) which is the base by which used to design it. it is still missing some abilities for some uses that are present in the original that make it the superior model and not just the higher priced one as long as you have actual use for it.

Oct 08, 2012 at 01:34 PM
sjms

CX-213 56.5"
TVC-23 52.4"

the CX-213 has at minimum 3" of additional assemble not on the TVC. the TVC itself is modular in design and allow either a CP or a leveling base be added which if in place would be within a margin of error the same height range.

Oct 08, 2012 at 01:21 PM

Previous versions of sjms's message #11024675 « Really Right Stuff Tripods »