Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11021077 « Vote on best composition. »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Vote on best composition.

First ... I'm tossing out #2. The lines of the upper portion exit out the right side of the frame, while the lines of the reflection exist out the bottom. Perfect symmetry isn't necessary by any means, but it just feels non-unified, if that makes any sense.

#3 ... while I dig foreground verticals, the lines of the foreground stream draw a strong line across the frame rather than leading me from foreground rocks to the distant scene.

#1 ... even if it is a bit "centered" it doesn't bother me. The foreground rocks and stream provide for enough departure from mirror image, that it moves the eye from a diagonal perspective, thus the whole "centered" thing is no longer centered relative to its weighting in the scene.

The problem I typically have with "centered" images is that the image is in a static equilibrium ... kinda like my portraits a while back, then Karen suggested some rotation to change them from static to more dynamic.

The physical location of being in the center isn't itself a problem necessarily, but being static and centered leave the viewer kinda "stuck" in one place. Centered and dynamic, weighted, contrasted, scaled, etc. is different from centered and static.

My vote ... #1

Oct 06, 2012 at 09:53 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11021077 « Vote on best composition. »