Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Gochugogi's message #11019601 « 7D SMASHES Apples w/off-camera lighting »

Gochugogi
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: 7D SMASHES Apples w/off-camera lighting

Alek Komarnits wrote:
I'll respond to the "food commentary" by saying that yes, to the best of my knowledge, no food bank or soup kitchen will take home grown produce - too much liability. I actually called a nearby wild animal sanctuary to see if they had someone with a pickup that would take 'em for the animals ... but it wasn't their cup of tea ... or bag-o-apples! ;-)

The sad thing is it doesn't get much more healthy or safe than fresh picked apples. Instead food banks prefer highly factory processed food filled with preservatives and pesticides (easier to "bank"). But, yeah, we had a field of apple trees on the Olympic peninsula and we ate and gave away as much as we could but a lot of it ended up on the ground (& returned to the earth). When we had horses and cows they ate it all but they are long gone and the suburbs are nipping at our doorsteps...

Oct 06, 2012 at 03:23 AM

Previous versions of Gochugogi's message #11019601 « 7D SMASHES Apples w/off-camera lighting »