Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of PetKal's message #11016586 « Canon autumn photography »

PetKal
Upload & Sell: On
Canon autumn photography

StillFingerz wrote:
Peter,
My uncle is a painter of the canvas variety, those OoF backgrounds have the look of an oil painting, quite attractive
With a BIF I imagine panning would be okay with the 1DX, but how about tracking a pijun/BIF; would the new AF do well or might it get confused with that background clutter?
Jerry

Jerry, sure thing, 1DX jumps to the background here and there when shooting a smaller bird. Now, with a bigger bird close up, that shouldn't happen although one has a DOF problem there, and a shot like the one below is harder on the photographer than on the camera/lens..

Oct 04, 2012 at 10:17 PM
PetKal
Canon autumn photography

StillFingerz wrote:
Peter,
My uncle is a painter of the canvas variety, those OoF backgrounds have the look of an oil painting, quite attractive
With a BIF I imagine panning would be okay with the 1DX, but how about tracking a pijun/BIF; would the new AF do well or might it get confused with that background clutter?
Jerry

Jerry, sure thing, 1DX jumps to the background here and there when shooting a smaller bird. Now, with a bigger bird, that shouldn't happen although one has a DOF problem there, and a shot like the one below is harder on the photographer than on the camera/lens..

Oct 04, 2012 at 10:17 PM
PetKal
Re: Canon autumn photography

StillFingerz wrote:
Peter,
Jerry

Jerry, sure thing, 1DX jumps to the background here and there when shooting a smaller bird. Now, with a bigger bird, that shouldn't happen although one has a DOF problem there.

Oct 04, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Previous versions of PetKal's message #11016586 « Canon autumn photography »