Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of PetKal's message #11016586 « Canon autumn photography »

PetKal
Upload & Sell: Off
Canon autumn photography

StillFingerz wrote:
Peter,
My uncle is a painter of the canvas variety, those OoF backgrounds have the look of an oil painting, quite attractive
With a BIF I imagine panning would be okay with the 1DX, but how about tracking a pijun/BIF; would the new AF do well or might it get confused with that background clutter?
Jerry

Jerry, sure thing, 1DX jumps to the background here and there when shooting a smaller bird. Now, with a bigger bird close up, that shouldn\'t happen although one has a DOF problem there, and a shot like the one below is harder on the photographer than on the camera/lens..

Oct 04, 2012 at 05:17 PM
PetKal
Canon autumn photography

StillFingerz wrote:
Peter,
My uncle is a painter of the canvas variety, those OoF backgrounds have the look of an oil painting, quite attractive
With a BIF I imagine panning would be okay with the 1DX, but how about tracking a pijun/BIF; would the new AF do well or might it get confused with that background clutter?
Jerry

Jerry, sure thing, 1DX jumps to the background here and there when shooting a smaller bird. Now, with a bigger bird, that shouldn\'t happen although one has a DOF problem there, and a shot like the one below is harder on the photographer than on the camera/lens..

Oct 04, 2012 at 05:17 PM
PetKal
Re: Canon autumn photography

StillFingerz wrote:
Peter,
Jerry

Jerry, sure thing, 1DX jumps to the background here and there when shooting a smaller bird. Now, with a bigger bird, that shouldn\'t happen although one has a DOF problem there.

Oct 04, 2012 at 05:06 PM

Previous versions of PetKal's message #11016586 « Canon autumn photography »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.