Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of hans98ko's message #11013067 « Probably the last semi-Pro DX camera from Nikon »

hans98ko
Upload & Sell: Off
Probably the last semi-Pro DX camera from Nikon

hijazist wrote:
Well I haven't worked with people working with lenses and I work in language documentation which couldn't be further from optics but still you didn't get my point. Thom said Nikon should introduce a VR version of the 17-55 2.8, you said it reflects his lack of understanding of optical design and both Nikon/Canon are aware of that. How come we have the following if it's such a redundant feature on WA zooms?

Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S VR DX
Sigma AF 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM OS
Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 DII VC
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II

I am sure there's others that I am not aware of

Can you please compare the corner to corner sharpness and resolution for each of these lenses to lets say the 14-24 f2.8G. Oh! don't forget about the edge distortion too. Than maybe you will understand.
Than read about Thom Hogan's initial D800 review that he said that he does not have a camera with him to verify an issue that he has reported. I think he must be joking to put that in writing.

Oct 03, 2012 at 03:32 PM

Previous versions of hans98ko's message #11013067 « Probably the last semi-Pro DX camera from Nikon »