Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Don Clary's message #11003646 « Gear list for Kenya »

Don Clary
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Gear list for Kenya

I hope you'll be in a pop-up rather than an open-sided vehicle. With the former you have the roof w/sandbags for support; with the latter you'll need to bring something for support.[/marker}

You should contact your tour operator and ask if they use open vehicles. If so, that introduces a BIG set of support problems.

I have extensively researched support in open vehicles. I have collected photographs of every open safari vehicle that I can find, and studied their design. I actually built a support system suggested by Franz Lanting.

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Don Clary
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Gear list for Kenya

{marker}I hope you'll be in a pop-up rather than an open-sided vehicle. With the former you have the roof w/sandbags for support; with the latter you'll need to bring something for support.[/marker}

You should contact your tour operator and ask if they use open vehicles. If so, that introduces a BIG set of support problems.

I have extensively researched support in open vehicles. I have collected photographs of every open safari vehicle that I can find, and studied their design. I actually built a support system suggested by Franz Lanting.

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Previous versions of Don Clary's message #11003646 « Gear list for Kenya »