Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Helen Oster's message #10999815 « Adorama is AWESOME »

Helen Oster
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Adorama is AWESOME

alexdi wrote:
Adorama's return policy dictates that you pay for return shipping back to them AND their 'free shipping' cost. For exchanges, you pay return shipping. They have no advance shipping policy that i can tell; you have to wait for the RMA process to complete before they send you a new item.

For these reasons, I never order lenses from Adorama if Amazon has the same item at similar pricing. I've received too much defective-out-of-the-box glass to order from a company who puts the burden of exchanges on the customer.

I can understand your reluctance to order from Adorama if you feel you will want to return items, and I'd like the opportunity to clarify a couple of things.

If an item is received damaged or defective and you contact either our CS department or me directly, before returning your item, we will cover the cost of return shipping. If you return an item because you simply change your mind, then yes, we wouldn't be able to cover the cost of you returning it to us.

The free outbound shipping on some items is the equivalent of offering a 'free' gift with an order - of course it isn't actually 'free' because WE pay for it! If you return the item, and it isn't damaged or defective, then we state on our website that the original cost of shipping will be deducted from your refund:

http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=faq#returnPolicy

"Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable."
"Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable."

In the past, we would cross-ship replacement items; right up until the number of house bricks that our returns department were unpacking made this financially unviable.
We would LOVE tube able to offer the same terms and conditions that Amazon can, but to put it into perspective: Amazon, is the world's largest Internet retailer, with fulfilment centers in 12 US States, PLUS, 3 locations in Canada, 4 locations in Scotland, 5 in England, 3 in Wales, 5 in France, 4 in each of Germany and Japan, 3 in China, and 1 in each of Slovakia and Italy.

Adorama is a family business in NYC with a single distribution center in New Jersey!

Sep 30, 2012 at 06:04 AM
Helen Oster

alexdi wrote:
Adorama's return policy dictates that you pay for return shipping back to them AND their 'free shipping' cost. For exchanges, you pay return shipping. They have no advance shipping policy that i can tell; you have to wait for the RMA process to complete before they send you a new item.

For these reasons, I never order lenses from Adorama if Amazon has the same item at similar pricing. I've received too much defective-out-of-the-box glass to order from a company who puts the burden of exchanges on the customer.

I can understand your reluctance to order from Adorama if you feel you will want to return items, and I'd like the opportunity to clarify a couple of things.

If an item is received damaged or defective and you contact either our CS department or me directly, before returning your item, we will cover the cost of return shipping. If you return an item because you simply change your mind, then yes, we wouldn't be able to cover the cost of you returning it to us.

The free outbound shipping on some items is the equivalent of offering a 'free' gift with an order - of course it isn't actually 'free' because we pay for it! If you return the item, and it isn't damaged or defective, then we state on our website that the original cost of shipping will be deducted from your refund:

In the past, we would cross-ship replacement items; right up until the number of house bricks that our returns department were unpacking made this financially unviable.
We would LOVE tube able to offer the same terms and conditions that Amazon can, but to put it into perspective: Amazon, is the world's largest Internet retailer, with fulfilment centers in 12 US States, PLUS, 3 locations in Canada, 4 locations in Scotland, 5 in England, 3 in Wales, 5 in France, 4 in each of Germany and Japan, 3 in China, and 1 in each of Slovakia and Italy.

Adorama is a family business in NYC with a single distribution center in New Jersey!

Sep 30, 2012 at 06:04 AM
Helen Oster

alexdi wrote:

If an item is received damaged or defective and you either our CS department or me directly, before returning your item, we will cover the cost of return shipping. If you return an item because you simply change your mind, then yes, we wouldn't be able to cover the cost of you returning it to us.

The free outbound shipping on some items is the equivalent of offering a 'free' gift with an order - of course it isn't actually 'free' because we pay for it! If you return the item, and it isn't damaged or defective, then we state on our website that the original cost of shipping will be deducted from your refund:

Sep 28, 2012 at 07:31 AM

Previous versions of Helen Oster's message #10999815 « Adorama is AWESOME »