Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of CalBoy87's message #10991845 « on the verge: 5DMkII to D800 - advice request »

CalBoy87
Upload & Sell: On
on the verge: 5DMkII to D800

Hi. Looking for advice from those who took plunge from 5DMkII to D800. Currently have Canon with best primes set: 24L, 50L, 85L, 135L, 200L (2.8) and 100L Macro. Taking picture for fun, pretty much everything from landscapes, macros to street candid. Why I want to switch? Simple, never tried Nikon and the new D800 seems much better than Canon 5DMkIII which is similar in IQ to the one I have. My concerns:
1) lack of equivalent lenses, I love using fast primes, will Nikon lenses make me happy?
2) MF using D800 VF, I have EG-S screen on 5DMkII which makes it much easier to MF
3) interpolating live view, I am using it for most of macro shots, Canon implementation seems better here
Considering all those, what is your advice:
A) are you crazy? you got great set up, forget the switch, learn how to take better pictures
B) go for it! D800 will make you regret you waited that long to switch!
C)...?
Thank you for any constructive advice, prefer to listen to those who actually use both, but any other advice is welcome.

Sep 25, 2012 at 01:12 PM

Previous versions of CalBoy87's message #10991845 « on the verge: 5DMkII to D800 - advice request »