Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of skibum5's message #10990735 « Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II reviewed by Photozone »

skibum5
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II reviewed by Photozone

Yakim Peled wrote:
skibum5 wrote:
krickett wrote:
I like photozone's charts, but the scores are a bit arbitrary. It seems they value corner to corner evenness more than anything, and they just tack a star rating based on their gut feeling. My guess is they didn't write a glowing review due to the sticker shock.

Yeah, I believe he gave the 24 1.4 II a less enthusiastic and lower rating, or at best identical, than the 24-105, which is utterly blow away at 24mm, jsut because the extreme corners were total mush as f/1.4! Well what 24mm has extreme corners that are not total must at f/1.4, I'd like to see it.

Just have a look at the Samyang 24/1.4 that they tested.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

OK, well maybe that one does , but it didn't exist when the reviewed the other one .
It's actually not as sharp in the normal border area though as the 24 1.4 II (or even itself in the extreme corners), weird lens. And it still gets wayyy better scores than the 24-105 which got as many or more stars.

Sep 25, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Previous versions of skibum5's message #10990735 « Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II reviewed by Photozone »