Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of roboticspro's message #10984368 « What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase? »

roboticspro
Upload & Sell: On
Re: What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Hi,

I picked up this pair of SSC black-nose/chrome mount ring lenses while at the Reno Air Races last week, from a private sale in Sparks. The 35mm f2 is the concave (thorium-doped) version, slightly amber but easily color-balanced out in LR. Very sharp-contrasty wide open on the NEX and OM-D. The 85mm f1.8 holds its' own also, making this a very nice walk-around combo. Looking forward to a nice FF mirror-less surfacing in the next year or so for these to mate up with. Coming home soon; an FDn 100mm f2 from my "pawn-shop crawl" that needed a CLA (internal dust & dried-up lubricant), but for 65.00 USD, it was a bargain.

Edd

Sep 22, 2012 at 06:21 PM
roboticspro
Upload & Sell: On
Re: What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Hi,

I picked up this pair of SSC black-nose/chrome mount ring lenses while at the Reno Air Races last week, from a private sale in Sparks. The 35mm f2 is the concave (thorium-doped) version, slightly amber but easily color-balanced out in LR. Very sharp-contrasty wide open on the NEX and OM-D. The 85mm f1.8 holds its' own also, making this a very nice walk-around combo. Looking forward to a nice FF mirror surfacing in the next year or so for these to mate up with. Coming home soon; an FDn 100mm f2 from my "pawn-shop crawl" that needed a CLA (internal dust & dried-up lubricant), but for 65.00 USD, it was a bargain.

Edd

Sep 22, 2012 at 04:25 PM

Previous versions of roboticspro's message #10984368 « What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase? »