Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of mmurph's message #10978113 « Group Photo Lighting Advice Needed »

mmurph
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Group Photo Lighting Advice Needed

Personally, I would rent two 2400 Ws packs, with 4 heads. Also 2 Large or Extra Large soft boxes, plus one soft box for hair/kicker and reflector for background.

Do a mostly traditional 4 light setup, with the main in fill closer top even - you need the coverage.

I did a recent shoot with 3, 1200 Ws packs, with 4 heads (1 pack main, 1 pack fill, 1 pack background & hair.)

With a group of 40-50 people, that was about the minimum to shoot at ISO 400 at 4.0

If you have to spend $100 to $150, do it as a donation (tax deduction? maybe) and a learning experience for the equipment. Hopefully you get it Friday afternoon, return it Monday for a 1 day price.

Practice, take 100+ pictures at home, learn. Worth it. Of course try to get them to cough up for it!

Good luck,
Michael

Sep 20, 2012 at 03:56 AM

Previous versions of mmurph's message #10978113 « Group Photo Lighting Advice Needed »