Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10974692 « Group Photo Lighting Advice Needed »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Group Photo Lighting Advice Needed

Are you putting everyone ON the stage, or will you putting them ON the cafeteria floor with the stage as the backdrop (curtains closed), or do you have risers for both the floor and stage to tier the group from floor to stage?

I'd be looking at renting some lighting for the shoot, something you can get up high and with power. I realize that you've been "volunteered" ... but they should be able to "volunteer" some $$$ toward the effort if they are going to "skip out" on paying for someone who is properly equipped, skilled, experienced and trained. I don't mind helping out, but if quality is the goal ... there is a difference between overcoming "handcuffed" to achieve "acceptable" and putting out a good product.

I got "volunteered" similarly way back when ... my local rental house was instrumental in helping me handle something that was more than I was prepared for ... both with gear & knowledge.

+1 @ Brian's ladder (or shooting from the stage down to the floor).

Sep 19, 2012 at 02:47 AM
RustyBug

Are you putting everyone ON the stage, or will you putting them ON the cafeteria floor with the stage as the backdrop (curtains closed), or do you have risers for both the floor and stage to tier the group from floor to stage?

I'd be looking at renting some lighting for the shoot, something you can get up high and with power. I realize that you've been "volunteered" ... but they should be able to "volunteer" some $$$ toward the effort if they are going to "skip out" on paying for someone who is properly equipped, skilled, experienced and trained. I don't mind helping out, but if quality is the goal ... there is a difference between overcoming handcuffed to achieve "acceptable" and putting out a good product.

I got "volunteered" similarly way back when ... my local rental house was instrumental in helping me handle something that was more than I was prepared for.

Sep 19, 2012 at 02:32 AM
RustyBug

I'd be looking at renting some lighting for the shoot, something you can get up high and with power. I realize that you've been "volunteered" ... but they should be able to "volunteer" some $$$ toward the effort if they are going to "skip out" on paying for someone who is properly equipped, skilled, experienced and trained.

I got "volunteered" similarly way back when ... my local rental house was instrumental in helping me handle something that was more than I was prepared for.

Sep 19, 2012 at 02:27 AM
RustyBug

I'd be looking at renting some lighting for the shoot, something you can get up high and with power. I realize that you've been "volunteered" ... but they should be able to "volunteer" some $$$ toward the effort if they are going to "skip out" on paying for someone who is properly equipped, skilled, experienced and trained.

Sep 19, 2012 at 02:24 AM
RustyBug

Sep 19, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10974692 « Group Photo Lighting Advice Needed »