Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of PhilDrinkwater's message #10968635 « 20MP Canon 6D full frame DSLR announced! »

PhilDrinkwater
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: 20MP Canon 6D full frame DSLR announced!

A few interesting positives - the centre af point is sensitive to -3ev (compared to -1 on d600) and wifi and gps and I'm sure it'll follow the trend of having a much better screen than the d600 but generally I'd tend to agree - disappointing unless it's $1800.... Which it's not.

Ive always preferred the ergonomics of canon but that's not likely to matter to "enthusiasts" who are unlikely to have their cameras in their hands for 10 hours at a time so, if I had no lenses, I'd likely buy the d600 too.

Canon need to be really careful in the next few years. While I personally consider the 5d3 to be a much better camera than the d800 for me (although $500 too expensive at launch), many don't and now there's a camera which I think we would all agree is just under spec for the money. When the original 5d came out it was a revelation, and the 5d2 too, but the market perception is one of falling behind and overcharging at the moment.

Sep 17, 2012 at 08:50 AM
PhilDrinkwater
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: 20MP Canon 6D full frame DSLR announced!

A few interesting positives - the centre af point is sensitive to -3ev (compared to -1 on d600) and wifi and gps but generally I'd tend to agree - disappointing unless it's $1800.... Which it's not.

Sep 17, 2012 at 08:43 AM

Previous versions of PhilDrinkwater's message #10968635 « 20MP Canon 6D full frame DSLR announced! »