Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Gunzorro's message #10938016 « Samyang 24mm f/3.5 tilt-shift lens announced! »

Gunzorro
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Samyang 24mm f/3.5 tilt-shift lens

Red 90 wrote:
I think that there will definitely be a market of this lens if the price is right and optics are decent.

I don\'t think there is any question that Canon typically produces lenses that are of superior optics to third party lenses. However, there are many that choose third party lenses that can produce 90% of the quality of the canon lenses at half the price.

Samyang has produced a stellar 14mm lens that cost a fraction of the price of Canon\'s 14mm lens. If they can do the same for the 24mm TS lens, I\'m sure many photographers that don\'t shoot for a living may be willing to fork out that cash for the ability to expand their ability with this type of lens.

The 24 TS-E is one of Canon\'s premier lenses for sharpness, color, and low distortion. I think that asking Samyang to come through with 90% of the IQ of the flagship 24 TS-E is asking a lot. I guess that is the ultimate question we are trying to answer: can they do it?

Sep 05, 2012 at 07:52 PM

Previous versions of Gunzorro's message #10938016 « Samyang 24mm f/3.5 tilt-shift lens announced! »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.