Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10937550 « What did Ansel Adams actually do? »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: What did Ansel Adams actually do?

Doug,

No worries ... I just wanted to make sure that my point at AA being "human" wasn't misinterpreted as a lack of respect. As to putting words in his mouth ... I"m not purporting to do so, but rather simply convey what his son conveyed to me about his father. People go through phases and philosophies refine and shift with time and age.

BTW ... you are "spot on" @ expressing his vision to us through his photos ... as well as the effort toward repeatability. AA understood that the image was more than a recording, it was a message that he chose how to express it ... no less than how a poet skillfully chooses the words of his message ... AA chose the tones of his images equally as meticulous to ensure that we were able to both understand his message and enjoy it as well ... irrespective of "in camera" or "reality" or "accurate" ... but always seemingly believable (even when false) and desirable to express and share with us.

Sep 05, 2012 at 10:11 PM
RustyBug

Doug,

No worries ... I just wanted to make sure that my point at AA being "human" wasn't misinterpreted as a lack of respect. As to putting words in his mouth ... I"m not purporting to do so, but rather simply convey what his son conveyed to me about his father. People go through phases and philosophies refine and shift with time and age.

BTW ... you are "spot on" @ expressing his vision to us through his photos ... as well as the effort toward repeatability. AA understood that the image was more than a recording, it was a message that he chose how to express it ... no less than how a poet skillfully chooses the words of his message ... AA chose the tones of his images equally as meticulous to ensure that we were able to both understand his message and enjoy it as well ... irrespective of "in camera" or "reality" or "accurate" ... but always believable and desirable to express and share with us.

Sep 05, 2012 at 10:09 PM
RustyBug

Doug,

BTW ... you are "spot on" @ expressing his vision to us through his photos ... as well as the effort toward repeatability. AA understood that the image was more than a recording, it was a message that he chose how to express it ... no less than how a poet skillfully chooses the words of his message ... AA chose the tones of his images equally as meticulous to ensure that we were able to both understand his message and enjoy it as well ... irrespective of "in camera" or "reality" or "accurate" ... but always believable and desirable.

Sep 05, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10937550 « What did Ansel Adams actually do? »