Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10937086 « What did Ansel Adams actually do? »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: What did Ansel Adams actually do?

ben egbert wrote:

Only his sub par might be my best effort.

Not even close to being true. I've seen his sub par, and I've seen your "Christmas in August". You might have had a little help from your FM friends with it along the way with some technical points ... but it was still your vision that was able to convey that light skipping across the grains ... taking me to someplace other than where I am.

I'm not trying to puff you up to suggest you are better than AA, per se ... but don't discount yourself in the shadows of his learning curve. Rather persist in the tenacity of growth and refinement ... recognizing that he ... and anyone, anywhere, with anything ... had a learning curve the same as you or I. What an individual does with it and how long and how far they are willing to continue developing it ... highly variable.

A couple thoughts to carry along the way.

Perfection
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. -Vince Lombardi

Practice
Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect. -Vince Lombardi

AA was no more perfect than you or I ... just that he might have been a bit more like Vince Lombardi than many others ... or maybe Vince was like Ansel.

Sep 05, 2012 at 07:25 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10937086 « What did Ansel Adams actually do? »