Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Gochugogi's message #10910407 « How noisy is your 7D? »

Gochugogi
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: How noisy is your 7D?

I think the noise question has a lot to do with the amount and evenness of light. I primarily shoot at twilight and the deep mids, shadows and skies look pretty gritty on a 7D at ISO 1600 or more, requiring a lot of PP compared to my 5D2. However, if I'm shooting at the same ISO in order to use fast shutter speeds in fairly evenly lit rink or ball field, the images are actually pretty clean compared to the twilight landscapes. But no biggie, just use freakin' NR plugins selectively in PS layers and make it as clean as you want.

ISO 1250 & Topaz denoise

ISO 3200 & Topaz denoise

ISO 800 & Topaz denoise This is the worse due to all the shadows, deep miss & blue. The blue sky looked like large grains of sand.

Aug 26, 2012 at 01:48 AM
Gochugogi

I think the noise question has a lot to do with the amount and evenness of light. I primarily shoot at twilight and the deep mids, shadows and skies look pretty gritty on a 7D at ISO 1600 or more, requiring a lot of PP compared to my 5D2. However, if I'm shooting at the same ISO in order to use fast shutter speeds in fairly evenly lit rink or ball field, the images are actually pretty clean compared to the twilight landscapes.

ISO 1250 & Topaz denoise

ISO 3200 & Topaz denoise

ISO 800 & Topaz denoise This is the worse due to all the shadows, deep miss & blue. The blue sky looked like large grains of sand.

Aug 26, 2012 at 01:47 AM
Gochugogi

I think the noise question has a lot to do with the amount and evenness of light. I primarily shoot at twilight and the deep mids, shadows and skies look pretty gritty on a 7D at ISO 1600 or more, requiring a lot of PP compared to my 5D2. However, if I'm shooting at the same ISO in order to use fast shutter speeds in fairly evenly lit rink or ball field, the images are actually pretty clean compared to the twilight landscapes.

ISO 1250 & Topaz denoise

ISO 3200 & Topaz denoise

ISO 800 & Topaz denoise This is the worse due to all the shadows, deep miss & blue. The blue sky looked like sand.

Aug 26, 2012 at 01:46 AM
Gochugogi

Aug 26, 2012 at 01:35 AM

Previous versions of Gochugogi's message #10910407 « How noisy is your 7D? »