Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of mitesh's message #10877417 « Whats wrong with my "for sale"add - or is it the lens? »

mitesh
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Whats wrong with my "for sale"add - or is it th...

For me, the thing that created the most hesitation was the lack of service support for this lens. While it has certainly served you well and these things are built to last, I didn't want to be stuck with a $3 grand paperweight. Of lesser concern was AF (in)ability with extenders and MA adjustment.

So for me, it definitely wasn't the price or the physical condition of the lens. In fact, in my searches, I saw that used 500/4.5s in similar condition have been or are listed on various B/S boards, eBay, KEH, etc. for more than your current asking price. It also seems like there have been some great prices on the super telephotos listed on the B/S board recently, so potential buyers of your lens may have bought 500/4s or 600/4s. That's what happened in my case.

All said, I think you are reasonably priced and aside from just waiting out your listing (or going to eBay), there probably isn't much you can do.

I'm sure you are already aware of all this, but like I said, I'm willing to share my thoughts in the hopes that it will help you.

Mitesh

Aug 12, 2012 at 09:41 PM

Previous versions of mitesh's message #10877417 « Whats wrong with my "for sale"add - or is it the lens? »