Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Dennis M 1064's message #10876447 « Canon 1D mark 4 RAW highlights issue.. »

Dennis M 1064
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Canon 1D mark 4 RAW highlights issue..

I don't know what your experience level is with shooting and processing Raw files, or what you are using for Raw Conversion and then for post processing. I am also no expert, by any means. I can recommend some help from this book, ( http://guytal.com/wordpress/2011/04/creative-processing-techniques-ebook-now-available/ ) unless you are already an advanced digital image post production pro.

The histogram on your camera will be Jpeg based, but, you can still use it to determine what you are capturing in RAW. When you metered the shot, what was your histogram telling you? If you are converting in LR or ACR, you should be able to pull in the highlight detail. If you have it in JPEG, you certainly have it in RAW, but not the other way around.

No doubt, the advanced users here will be able to walk you through it, and school me at the same time. Potentially some pretty cool images. Good luck.

Dennis

Aug 12, 2012 at 02:39 PM

Previous versions of Dennis M 1064's message #10876447 « Canon 1D mark 4 RAW highlights issue.. »