Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Gonemad's message #10872568 « Canon 1D MK3 Auto-Focus Technique »

Gonemad
Upload & Sell: Off
Canon 1D MK3 Auto-Focus Technique

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on techniques to track a subject, say a soccer player. I noticed that, even though the AF point was dead on the subject, many shots were out-of-focus because the player had turned around. I don\'t know if it\'s just a coincidence or just how the AF algorithm works. For example, while tracking a player facing in one direction, when suddenly the same player turns to shield the ball away from a defending player, the camera seems to easily lose focus because to the sensor the subject \"no longer looks the same\" and loses focus (when setting CFn III-2 default tracking sensitivity and CFn III-4 to \'1\' continuous expansion). Can anyone confirm/deny my observation? In those scenarios, I\'ve learned to re-acquire focus as the player turns. While that\'s not so bad, I also lose a lot of good shots since the AI servo needs about a second to lock.

Aug 10, 2012 at 01:22 PM

Previous versions of Gonemad's message #10872568 « Canon 1D MK3 Auto-Focus Technique »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.