Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of michaelnel's message #10856877 « Olympus E-M5 Question RE: remote release w/ L bracket »

michaelnel
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Olympus E-M5 Question RE: remote release w/ L bracket

CPWarner wroteI guess you have to use the timer set to 2 seconds.

Unfortunately, the Olympus timer won\'t fire off a burst.

One of my primary situations for using a tripod and a cable release is for landscapes, and I do a lot of HDR where I need AEB and a burst. Canon\'s timer will do that, but as far as I know, nobody else\'s timer will.

Aug 04, 2012 at 01:10 PM
michaelnel
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Olympus E-M5 Question RE: remote release w/ L bracket

CPWarner wrote:
Yes, you do have to shift the camera to allow the cable release to fit. It does mean that the lens would not be aligned with the center of rotation of the ball head or panning clamp. As to security, there is more than enough of the l-bracket for the clamp to grab onto, so I would not be concerned about that. It looks to be more of an issue with alignment. I guess you have to use the timer set to 2 seconds.

Unfortunately, the Olympus timer won\'t fire off a burst. One of my primary reasons for using a tripod and a cable release is for landscapes, and I do a lot of HDR where I need AEB and a burst. Canon\'s timer will do that, but as far as I know, nobody else\'s timer will.

Aug 04, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Previous versions of michaelnel's message #10856877 « Olympus E-M5 Question RE: remote release w/ L bracket »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.