Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of michaelnel's message #10856683 « Olympus E-M5 Question RE: remote release w/ L bracket »

michaelnel
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Olympus E-M5 Question RE: remote release w/ L bracket

Good point. They do have the $66.00 \"Cable Relief Spacer\" that you could use:

http://reallyrightstuff.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=CRS&type=0&eq=&desc=CRS%3a-Cable-Relief-Spacer&key=it

It\'s yet another dumb design decision on Olympus\' part. Sometimes I wonder if any actual photographers work in their R&D department. On my Panasonic DMC-GX1 it\'s no problem because the release cable plugs in to the other side of the camera. I guess Olympus\' positioning is due to not putting the memory card slot in the battery compartment like Panasonic does.

Thanks for pointing this out. I have just canceled my pre-order for the RRS L-bracket. Light as this camera is and light as the lenses are, I will just flop the head over into the 90 degree slot. I don\'t normally like to do that, but due to this dumb design of Olympus\', I think it\'s the way I will go with this camera.

Aug 04, 2012 at 09:18 AM

Previous versions of michaelnel's message #10856683 « Olympus E-M5 Question RE: remote release w/ L bracket »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.