Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of dgdg's message #10851555 « Buy superwide crop lens or just get a used 5d? »

dgdg
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Buy superwide crop lens or just get a used 5d?

I think you could be happy either way depending on your bent and budget. Everyone has already given you the pros/cons. I had a rebel with the 10-20mm and loved it, but as another poster stated, the wider you go, the harder it will be to find a good near/far composition. It is easier for me as well to find a composition in the 30-50mm range. You don\'t have to shoot wide for a landscape to look nice. Right now I have a 5Dc and 20mm voigtlander prime. I am very pleased with it. I paid about $1100 for the 5Dc a couple years ago. If I were shopping for a FF body today, I would get the 5D II for around $1600. You would have a better LCD with live view. If you do a lot of action photography and need good AF, do not get the 5Dc as your all around camera. I use it for mobile children and birds but having to use center point focus limits my compositions.

Aug 02, 2012 at 12:56 PM
dgdg

I think you could be happy either way depending on your bent and budget. Everyone has already given you the pros/cons. I had a rebel with the 10-20mm and loved it, but as another poster stated, the wider you go, the harder it will be to find a good near/far composition. It is easier for me as well to find a composition in the 30-50mm range. You don\'t have to shoot wide for a landscape to look nice. Right now I have a 5Dc and 20mm voigtlander prime. I am very pleased with it. I paid about $1100 for the 5Dc a couple years ago. If I were shopping for a FF body today, I would get the 5D II for around $1600. You would have a better LCD with live view. If you do a lot of action photography and need good AF, do not get the 5Dc as your all around camera. I used it for mobile children and birds but having to use center point focus limits my compositions.

Aug 02, 2012 at 12:55 PM
dgdg

I think you could be happy either way depending on your bent and budget. Everyone has already given you the pros/cons. I had a rebel with the 10-20mm and loved it, but as another poster stated, the wider you go, the harder it will be to find a good near/far composition. It is easier for me as well to find a composition in the 30-50mm range. You don\'t have to shoot wide for a landscape to look nice. Right now I have a 5Dc and 20mm voigtlander prime. I am very pleased with it. I paid about $1100 for it a couple years ago. If I were shopping for a FF body today, I would get the 5D II for around $1600. You would have a better LCD with live view. If you do a lot of action photography and need good AF, do not get the 5Dc as your all around camera. I used it for mobile children and birds but having to use center point focus limits my compositions.

Aug 02, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Previous versions of dgdg's message #10851555 « Buy superwide crop lens or just get a used 5d? »