Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Rickuz's message #10839447 « A few 5d3 questions »

Rickuz
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: A few 5d3 questions

caad4rep wrote:I\'m not trying to start or anything but I guess my photography would be limited. I grew up on film and always tried to get a good exposure straight out of the camera. If that wasn\'t possible I guess I\'d have to try again in better lighting.

I\'m not asking about worst case scenerio or how to maximize dynamic range. Is banding a problem straight out of the camera or only when heavily post processed?

It is not a problem straight out of the camera. You will never see the banding it in normal case scenarios.

But the banding will always come out when you do heavy shadow lifting, even at ISO 100.

Heavier shadow lifting is some times necessary due to contrasty scenes where a GND filter or HDR techniques doesn\'t work. It saddens me that some people (like dhphoto) refuse to acknowledge this.

Jul 28, 2012 at 09:47 AM
Rickuz
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: A few 5d3 questions

caad4rep wrote:I\'m not trying to start or anything but I guess my photography would be limited. I grew up on film and always tried to get a good exposure straight out of the camera. If that wasn\'t possible I guess I\'d have to try again in better lighting.

I\'m not asking about worst case scenerio or how to maximize dynamic range. Is banding a problem straight out of the camera or only when heavily post processed?

It is not a problem straight out of the camera. You will never see the banding it in normal case scenarios.

But the banding will always come out when you do heavy shadow lifting, even at ISO 100.

Heavier shadow lifting is some times necessary due to contrasty scenes where a GND filter or HDR techniques won\'t work. It saddens me that some people (like dhphoto) refuse to acknowledge this.

Jul 28, 2012 at 09:39 AM

Previous versions of Rickuz's message #10839447 « A few 5d3 questions »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.