Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Rickuz's message #10839430 « A few 5d3 questions »

Rickuz
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: A few 5d3 questions

dhphoto wrote:
Rickuz wrote:
I can answer 3 of your questions.

1. The low ISO banding is real, and it seems that Canon doesn\'t know how to get rid of it, nor how to improve the low ISO dynamic range. It has pretty much remained on the same level since the 5D2 sensor came out. Lifting shadows on photos from a 5D2 or 5D3 is nightmarish compared to doing it on photos from - let\'s say the Nikon D800. The Exmor sensor reigns supreme in this area.

2. If you buy a used Canon camera that still has warranty, you\'ll have the warranty.

3. No warranty for gray market products, but yes, you can get service from Canon by paying for it.

Utterly wrong.

On the 5DII there is NO BANDING AT ALL if you don\'t play silly buggers with the shadows. I have shot thousands and thousands of shots and never seen it at all. But then I can expose properly. Can\'t speak for the 5DIII

Warranties are not transferable. If you buy used you will have no warranty from Canon.

Oh spare me the bs about exposing properly. Everybody knows that the 5D2 suffers from banding, and so does the 5D3. And yes it comes out when you try to push the shadows. The banding is a noise pattern exclusive to Canon, and the worst part is that it is impossible to remove in PP.

If you think that theres always a way to get proper exposure in a single shot, and if you never have the need to push shadows, then your area of photography must be very limited.

About the warranty part, I have personally bought used gear that still had warranty, and it worked just fine when I sent it in for calibration.

Gregory Edge wrote:
The warranty is to the original purchaser. However many have reported that Canon will honor the warranty even if you are not the original owner.

Well then, that explains it. Canon has always honored the warranty on my used purchases. (Thailand and Sweden).

Jul 28, 2012 at 09:31 AM

Previous versions of Rickuz's message #10839430 « A few 5d3 questions »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.