Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of ChadAndreo's message #10792196 « Pricing - Two Different Approaches »

ChadAndreo
Upload & Sell: Off
Pricing - Two Different Approaches

After watching Sal Cincotta on CreativeLive this week, I can see the value of not giving a wedding client the Hi-Res files unless they purchase a top package or spent X amount of dollars. He actually advocates never giving up the Hi-Res files for any portrait session period and he seems to do very well for himself using this philosophy.

In contrast, Ryan Brenizer offers one package. A "Everything you need for coverage and peace-of-mind for $5,500 (plus applicable sales tax)." which comes with all day coverage and the hi-res files. Clients then have the option to purchase products from him afterwards or do so on there own. Although different from Sals philosophy, it would appear he has also done very well for himself.

If the opinion of my fellow FMers, what are the pros and cons of these two pricing strategies?

Jul 10, 2012 at 07:18 AM
ChadAndreo

After watching Sal Cincotta on CreativeLive this week, I can see the value of not giving a wedding client the Hi-Res files unless they purchase a top package or spent X amount of dollars. He actually advocates never giving up the Hi-Res files for any portrait session period and he seems to do very well for himself using this philosophy.
In contrast, Ryan Brenizer offers one package. A "Everything you need for coverage and peace-of-mind for $5,500 (plus applicable sales tax)." which comes with all day coverage and the hi-res files and he obviously does well for himself using this philosophy.

If the opinion of my fellow FMers, what are the pros and cons of these two pricing strategies?

Jul 10, 2012 at 07:13 AM
ChadAndreo

In contrast, Ryan Brenizer offers a "Everything you need for coverage and peace-of-mind for $5,500 (plus applicable sales tax)." which comes with just the hi-res files and he obviously does well for himself using this philosophy.

Jul 10, 2012 at 06:58 AM

Previous versions of ChadAndreo's message #10792196 « Pricing - Two Different Approaches »