Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of skibum5's message #10767143 « Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample »

skibum5
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample

So the 1DX sensor best guesstimates so far:

best highest ISO ever, stunning light capture efficiency improvement!!!!

considerably mediocre read noise for this day and age (many stops behind exmor and 1/2 stop behind old nikon stuff and over a stop behind new non-exmor nikon stuff)

reasonably solid banding performance, more like the old 1Ds3/1D3/40D did than the nasty banding stuff they have mostly released of late

overall for canon, accounting for all aspects from low to high iso, dr, snr, mp, etc. overall i'd say it is their best sensor ever....

overall for all brands, " ", i'd say the D800 totally whomps it all over at lower ISOs by large margin with the D800 have 2x the MP and much better DR and not that much worse SNR but the 1DX rules the roost at high iso and totally whomping anything up there that is not a 5D3/D4/D800 (I'd say it whomps the D3s because the D3s has so many less MP the noise 'grain' looks too large and NR doesn't work as pleasingly on it).

So low ISO: D800 best ever (ground breaking)
and high ISO: 1DX best ever (ground breaking)

Jun 30, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Previous versions of skibum5's message #10767143 « Got the 1DX: Shadow recovery/DR sample »