Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Mark_L's message #10663784 « Pro views on Fujifilm..... »

Mark_L
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Pro views on Fujifilm.....

I think they do but probably don't see much primary use on actual jobs. Higher end DSLRs are workhorses with weather sealing, fast and reliable AF, good battery life, dual card slots etc. while none of the fujis have done of these things and have had some problems (X100 SAB issue, 1.21 firmware disaster, X10 'orbs'). No doubt the x1-pro and X100 deliver sufficient iq to deliver to many clients (my X100 does) but it's the reliability and dependability that is lacking. I'm sure some use them as a second camera and also use them for personal work (I do) but I can't see much benefit over an slr for a lot of professional work.

Lovegrove maybe officially fall into 'pro' but he's a pro at teaching and distributing gear, he's not shooting advertising and weddings week in and week out. Zack Arias is probably a better example.

May 24, 2012 at 08:29 PM

Previous versions of Mark_L's message #10663784 « Pro views on Fujifilm..... »