Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Nic Cleave's message #10551068 « Do you choose or do your clients choose their album pics? »

Nic Cleave
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Do you choose or do your clients choose their album pics?

Gabe, totally disagree with you on this one.

I provide my couples on average, with 300 images that document the story of their wedding day. From this they choose 45-90 images for a traditional Jorgensen album, or up 100 for a 30 page (60 side) press-printed story book album.

I don\'t care how \'in tune\' we think we are with our couples, in my experience there is always at least one (and in most cases many, many more,) images from these 300 that for some reason un-be-known to me, jump out as my clients \'favourite\' images.

They are also usually images that I wouldn\'t have included in the album design if doing it myself.

The truth is that although I feel confident that I\'ve captured the complete story of their day through my still images, most couples memories of their day are often influenced by factors other than the day\'s actual events. These are family and friend relationships, events and past memories of interaction with their guests that I\'m not privvy too and so on.

For this reason, over the years I\'ve seen some \'strange\' and surprising image choices, but by at least involving my couples in the process, I\'m confident that when they come into the studio to collect their albums, that what they receive matches as closely as possible, \'their\' memories of their wedding day.

Again these are just opinions and obviously personal to each professional wedding photographer, but my opinions none the less, based on my experience of shooting over 250 weddings where we\'re based in the UK market.

I have no doubt others will have different opinions.

Kind regards,

Nic

Apr 17, 2012 at 08:58 AM

Previous versions of Nic Cleave's message #10551068 « Do you choose or do your clients choose their album pics? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.