Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of TBannor's message #10494823 « 5d M III Viewfinder illumination and af points! »

TBannor
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: 5d M III Viewfinder illumination and af points!

Well, now this explains a weird thing I had happen on Wednesday. I had a lunch meeting just off Michigan Avenue in Chicago. I bought a 5DIII last weekend and brought it with figuring I'd get some shots of a TV pilot for the new Dick Wolf show, "Chicago Fire," being filmed nearby, as well as all the other stuff in the area to photograph.

The scene was of a car crash on the Columbus Drive Bridge. I got some street level shots and then climbed the stairs to Upper Wacker Drive to get some overheads. After taking a few shots, a staffer with the production company who was standing nearby got on her walkie talkie. She then asked me if I was using flash. I said no. She said, "Well, they can see something coming from your camera, so when they start filming, you'll have to move." Needless to say, I was very puzzled.

I just looked into the lens while focusing. Sure enough, you can see the red autofocus illuminator when it activates. Interesting.

pompo wrote:
I turn the viewfinder illumination on which lits up the whole dang screen and people looking directly at the lens see a red circle like a traffic light!
(

Mar 31, 2012 at 04:16 AM

Previous versions of TBannor's message #10494823 « 5d M III Viewfinder illumination and af points! »