Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10435110 « Anti-Terrorist Watch List ... »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Anti-Terrorist Watch List ...

Micky Bill wrote:
he still goes around and puts innocent people on alist of potential terrorists.

not quite correct ... he may have \"mislead\" me to THINK he is putting me on a list of potential terrorists.

He has the ability to put people on a \"suspicious persons\" (i.e. NOT TERRORIST) list in Illinois. I get that nobody likes what the officer said, and he was clearly wrong in what he said (or I heard him to say) ... but, if we are going to expect LEO to be fair with us, we should likewise be fair with our LEO.

The allegation that he puts innocent people on a list of potential terrorist is unfounded. The FACT that he TOLD me he was obligated to do so was his WRONG DOING ... not that he is actually putting innocent people on such a terrorist list (for which there is clearly no legal basis to do so in this case).

IMO ... the officer has \"intertwined\" the two databases in his mind and has spewn a convolution of them. He is WRONG for doing so. While \"wrong is wrong\" ... there is a difference between ACTUALLY DOING vs. misrepresenting (also wrong). I/we have no way of truly knowing if the misrepresentation was a benign \"mis-spoke\" or an intentional \"mis-leading\". I\'ll extend the benefit to the officer @ benign \"mis-spoke\" ... as he accepted my trespassing @ benign as well.

Both the officer & I were \"wrong\" @ one form or another. Mine was 100% clearly intentional & deliberate trespassing. I can\'t ascertain with that degree of certaintly as to whether or not the officer was benignly mis-speaking ... vs. ... intentionally misleading. Given the other factors of his demeanor and decorum with me, I\'m left to opt @ benign \"mis-spoke\"

I get that people want to \"witch hunt\" bad LEO. I want to preserve my rights and keep things on the \"straight & narrow\" as well as \"nip it\" ... but I\'m not inclined to \"witch hunt\" our LEO. Given that I took this through TSA, FBI & HS ... then approached the local LEO directly with my guns loaded ... I don\'t think one could reasonably assert that I\'ve been \"drinking the kool-aid\" or am otherwise deluded by the establisment. I\'d like to think that I\'m \"on guard\" yet, being \"fair\" to those who are here to \"serve & protect\" ... even when they are errant. NONE of us are perfect and we ALL should be afforded opportunity for correction without being \"burned at the stake\" ... and that goes for our LEO as well as ourselves.

Of course ... I live in a very different place from many of you. LEO that constantly deal with gangs & drug lords with assault weapons get conditioned very differently than those who are deal mostly with \"Barney Fife\" trying to get a cat out of a tree. I have nothing but respect for our LEO ... yet am more aware of the fact that \"bad cops\" exist than I hope anyone would ever have to learn firsthand.

My (extended) family has had personal experience of BEING a \"bad cop\" of such a heinous and repetitive nature (think the worst, you can\'t be far off) before being caught, that I am fully aware of it\'s existence. Accordingly, I\'m not gonna \"burn\" the officer trying to keep me safe from harm\'s way ... but I do know one (former ISP) that being \"burned at the stake\" would still be insufficient punishment for his actions.

Mar 13, 2012 at 10:06 AM
RustyBug

Micky Bill wrote:

not quite correct ... he is \"misleading\" people to THINK he is putting them on a list of potential terrorist.

He has the ability to put them on a \"suspicious persons\" (i.e. NOT TERRORIST) list in Illinois. I get that nobody likes what the officer said, and he was clearly wrong in what he said ... but, if we are going to expect LEO to be fair with us, we should likewise be fair with our LEO.

The allegation that he puts innocent people on a list of potential terrorist is unfounded. The FACT that he TOLD me he was obligated to do so was his WRONG DOING ... not that he is actually putting innocent people on such a terrorist list (for which there is clearly no legal basis to do so in this case).

IMO ... the officer has \"intertwined\" the two databases in his mind and has spewn a convolution of them. He is WRONG for doing so. While \"wrong is wrong\" ... there is a difference between ACTUALLY DOING vs. misrepresenting (also wrong). I/we have no way of truly knowing if the misrepresentation was a benign \"mis-spoke\" or an intentional \"mis-leading\". I\'ll extend the benefit to the officer @ benign \"mis-spoke\" ... as he accepted my trespassing @ benign as well.

Both the officer & I were \"wrong\" @ one form or another. Mine was 100% clearly intentional & deliberate trespassing. I can\'t ascertain with that degree of certaintly as to whether or not the officer was benignly mis-speaking ... vs. ... intentionally misleading. Given the other factors of his demeanor and decorum with me, I\'m left to opt @ benign \"mis-spoke\"

I get that people want to \"witch hunt\" bad LEO. I want to preserve my rights and keep things on the \"straight & narrow\" as well as \"nip it\" ... but I\'m not inclined to \"witch hunt\" our LEO. Given that I took this through TSA, FBI & HS ... then approached the local LEO directly with my guns loaded ... I don\'t think one could reasonably assert that I\'ve been \"drinking the kool-aid\" or am otherwise deluded by the establisment. I\'d like to think that I\'m \"on guard\" yet, being \"fair\" to those who are here to \"serve & protect\" ... even when they are errant. NONE of us are perfect and we ALL should be afforded opportunity for correction without being \"burned at the stake\" ... and that goes for our LEO as well as ourselves.

Of course ... I live in a very different place from many of you. LEO that constantly deal with gangs & drug lords with assault weapons get conditioned very differently than those who are deal mostly with \"Barney Fife\" trying to get a cat out of a tree. I have nothing but respect for our LEO ... yet am more aware of the fact that \"bad cops\" exist than I hope anyone would ever have to learn firsthand.

My (extended) family has had personal experience of BEING a \"bad cop\" of such a heinous and repetitive nature (think the worst, you can\'t be far off) before being caught, that I am fully aware of it\'s existence. Accordingly, I\'m not gonna \"burn\" the officer trying to keep me safe from harm\'s way ... but I do know one (former ISP) that being \"burned at the stake\" would still be insufficient punishment for his actions.

Mar 13, 2012 at 09:54 AM
RustyBug

Micky Bill wrote:

not quite correct ... he is \"misleading\" people to THINK he is putting them on a list of potential terrorist.

He has the ability to put them on a \"suspicious persons\" (i.e. NOT TERRORIST) list in Illinois. I get that nobody likes what the officer said, and he was clearly wrong in what he said ... but, if we are going to expect LEO to be fair with us, we should likewise be fair with our LEO.

My (extended) family has had personal experience of BEING a \"bad cop\" of such a heinous and repetitive nature (think the worst, you can\'t be far off) before being caught, that I am fully aware of it\'s existence. Accordingly, I\'m not gonna \"burn\" the officer trying to keep me safe from harm\'s way ... but I do know one that being \"burned at the stake\" would still be insufficient punishment for his actions.

Mar 13, 2012 at 08:57 AM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10435110 « Anti-Terrorist Watch List ... »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.