Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of workerdrone's message #10344637 « Relinquishing control »

workerdrone
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Relinquishing control

I\'m guessing that if you shoot people with flash and with slower kit lenses or with stopped down lenses, the auto settings might give you more keepers than trying to go manual, until you have a lot of practice - which some people don\'t have the time or motivation to practice that much, they just want acceptable pictures.

I\'m not a full time photographer and I\'m not as fast or instinctive on the camera controls as I\'d like to be.

I have to admit, the newer face tracking features have me wondering if, with a fast prime wide open, the body will do a much better job keeping focus on and metering for the subject\'s face than I could, given handheld shooting and changing light conditions and a moving subject.

If it really can track a face like using spot focus well, and meter like a spot meter for good skin exposure, I\'m all for technology helping a brother out :-)

But at a minimum I hope I\'ll always know how to go to full Manual if I\'m not getting what I want, and back to full Auto if I want to hand my camera to someone else without explaining how it\'s customized.

Feb 14, 2012 at 09:36 AM

Previous versions of workerdrone's message #10344637 « Relinquishing control »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.