Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of timgriffin's message #10289770 « Update on the baby Great Horned Owls »

timgriffin
Upload & Sell: Off
Update on the baby Great Horned Owls

At Key Vista Park in Holiday Florida A pair of Great Horned Owls have pirated what was last years Ospreys nest. I found the nest last Sunday (1-22-2012) but was there in harsh early afternoon light. The park is right on the Gulf of Mexico about 45 minutes NW of Tampa and 10 minutes from my home.

I'm trying to document their growth, but since I've never done something like this I can only try my best I can't get there during the week because work gets me home too late. I did plan today out to end up there to try and get some shots in better light. Now if I could just figure out Tim Kuhn's Photoshop processing

Until then - taken handheld with my Canon 40D and 400 5.6 lens using AE mode at ISO 800 and aperture setting at 5.6 and post processed with Canon DPP. Any suggestions on methods I could use to get better results are greatly appreciated.

Their colors have changed (darkened) quite a bit in 6 days

I can't believe how much they've grown!

And they started testing their wings

Jan 29, 2012 at 02:47 AM

Previous versions of timgriffin's message #10289770 « Update on the baby Great Horned Owls »