Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of SaberOne's message #10253297 « ThinkTank 10 arrived... »

SaberOne
Upload & Sell: Off
ThinkTank 10 arrived...

The ‘Retrospective 10’ just arrived and boy is it ever larger than the ‘Retro 5’. The color is also a completely different shade of ‘Pinestone’. The Retro 5 was actually a warmer pleasing hue of taupe vs. greenish. Oh well, it is what it is and both have that cool stonewashed appearance.

This bag is substantially bolder than it’s little brother and the build is quite nice. Comes with three removable dividers and they are all different configurations, which is also nice. I really thought it was going to be too large but as soon as I dropped the A900 w/135 nose first into the center, it was a perfect fit with no sloshing potential. BTW: The website shows a full-pro body/grip which I simply can\'t imagine in this bag unless you\'re into the bowling bag look. On each side there is just enough room for your flash, cable accessory glob or an extra lens. The interior nylon end pockets can either be used or simply pressed out of the way. There is also two interior zippered/velcro pockets on back side and front side, for slim things like a cables, airline tickets or whatnot.

The closure flap is large with tricked-out adjustable Velcro that can provide a super tight fit or the Velcro can be blocked (covered) completely for silent operation. The exterior end pockets (more like slots) are tight heavy canvas like the rest of the bag and frankly, I’m not sure what I’d use them for. On the backside is another full-length zippered pocket that can hold an iPad and is so tagged. I have the Vaja leather case and it just happens to be the perfect match of washed-out green leather with red trim. Styelin’ to the max! It doesn’t allow me to zip the pocket close (small gusset would be nice) so it fits in there tighter than a cat’s meow.

The front side gusseted pocket is easily accessible and comes with the detachable rain cover. I took that off right away because the pocket is much more useful for other kinds of stuff. The strap is unique with a soft effective pad that matches the whole low-key look. Makes you feel like wearing waffle cords and listening to the Rolling Stones.

Overall, it’s quite the set-up for traveling and it could easily pass for some other identity other than a camera bag. Lets face it, any black ballistic nylon bag screams camera from 30-feet away. For me, I’d say this thing\' is a keeper.

Jan 19, 2012 at 09:08 AM
SaberOne
ThinkTank 10 arrived...

The ‘Retrospective 10’ just arrived and boy is it ever larger than the ‘Retro 5’. The color is also a completely different shade of ‘Pinestone’. The Retro 5 was actually a warmer pleasing hue of taupe vs. greenish. Oh well, it is what it is and both have that cool stonewashed appearance.

This bag is substantially bolder than it’s little brother and the build is quite nice. Comes with three removable dividers and they are all different configurations, which is also nice. I really thought it was going to be too large but as soon as I dropped the A900 w/135 nose first into the center, it was a perfect fit with no sloshing potential. BTW: The website shows a full-pro body/grip which I simply can\'t imagine in this bag unless you\'re into the bowling bag look. On each side there is just enough room for your flash, cable accessory glob or an extra lens. The stitched flap pockets can either be used or simply pressed out of the way. There is also an interior zippered pocket for slim things like a cable, airline tickets or whatnot.

The closure flap is large with tricked-out adjustable Velcro that can provide a super tight fit or barely secure depending on your desire. The exterior end pockets (more like slots) are tight heavy canvas like the rest of the bag and frankly, I’m not sure what I’d use them for. On the backside is another full-length zippered pocket that can hold an iPad and is so tagged. I have the Vaja leather case and it just happens to be the perfect match of washed-out green leather with red trim. Styelin’ to the max! It doesn’t allow me to zip the pocket close (small gusset would be nice) so it fits in there tighter than a cat’s meow.

The front side gusseted pocket is easily accessible and comes with the detachable rain cover. I took that off right away because the pocket is much more useful for other kinds of stuff. The strap is unique with a soft effective pad that matches the whole low-key look. Makes you feel like wearing waffle cords and listening to the Rolling Stones.

Overall, it’s quite the set-up for traveling and it could easily pass for some other identity other than a camera bag. Lets face it, any black ballistic nylon bag screams camera from 30-feet away. For me, I’d say this thing\' is a keeper.

Jan 17, 2012 at 01:33 PM
SaberOne
ThinkTank 10 arrived...

This bag is substantially bolder than it’s little brother and the build is quite nice. Comes with three removable dividers and they are all different configurations, which is also nice. I really thought it was going to be too large but as soon as I dropped the A900 w/135 nose first into the center, it was a perfect fit with no sloshing potential. BTW: The website shows a full-pro body/grip which I simply can\'t imagine in this bag unless you\'re into the bowling bag look. On each side there is just enough room for your flash, cable accessory glob or an extra lens. The stitched flap pockets can either be used or simply pressed out of the way. There is also an interior zippered pocket for slim things like a cable, airline tickets or whatnot.

The closure flap is large with tricked-out adjustable Velcro that can provide a super tight fit or barely secure depending on your desire. The exterior end pockets (more like slots) are tight heavy canvas like the rest of the bag and frankly, I’m not sure what I’d use them for. On the backside is another full-length pocket that can hold an iPad and is so tagged. I have the Vaja leather case and it just happens to be the perfect match of washed-out green leather with red trim. Styelin’ to the max! It doesn’t allow me to zip the pocket close (small gusset would be nice) so it fits in there tighter than a cat’s meow.

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:16 AM
SaberOne
ThinkTank 10 arrived...

The closure flap is large with tricked-out adjustable Velcro that can provide a super tight fit or barely secure depending on your desire. The exterior end pockets (more like slots) are tight heavy canvas like the rest of the bag and frankly, I’m not sure what I’d use them for. On the backside is another full-length pocket that can hold an iPad and is so tagged. I have the Vaja leather case and it just happens to be the perfect match of washed-out green leather with red trim. Styelin’ to the max! It doesn’t allow me to zip the pocket close (a tad more room would have been nice) so it fits in there tighter than a cat’s meow.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:41 AM
SaberOne
ThinkTank 10 arrived...

The ‘Retrospective 10’ just arrived and boy is it ever larger than the ‘Retro 5’. The color is also a completely different shade of ‘Pinestone’. The Retro 5 was actually a warmer (pleasing) hue of taupe vs. greenish. Oh well, it is what it is and both have that cool stonewashed appearance.

The closure flap is large with tricked-out adjustable Velcro that can provide a super tight fit or barely secure depending on your desire. The exterior end pockets (more like slots) are tight heavy canvas like the rest of the bag and frankly, I’m not sure what I’d use them for. On the backside is another full-length pocket that can hold an iPad and is so tagged. I have the Vaja leather case and it just happens to be the perfect match of washed-out green leather with red trim. Styelin’ to the max! It doesn’t allow me to zip the pocket close (a tad more room would have been nice) so it fits in there tighter than a cat’s meow.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:05 AM
SaberOne
ThinkTank 10 arrived...

The ‘Retrospective 10’ just arrived and boy is it ever larger than the ‘Retro 5’. The color is also a completely different shade of ‘Pinestone’. The Retro 5 was actually a warmer (pleasing) hue of taupe vs. greenish. Oh well, it is what it is and both have that cool stonewashed appearance.

The closure flap is large with tricked-out adjustable Velcro that can provide a super tight fit or barely secure depending on your desire. The exterior end pockets (more like slots) are tight heavy canvas like the rest of the bag and frankly, I’m not sure what I’d use them for. On the backside is another full-length pocket that can hold an iPad and is so tagged. I have the Vaja leather case and it just happens to be the perfect match of washed-out green leather with red trim. Styelin’ to the max! It doesn’t allow me to zip the pocket close (small gusset would have been nice) so it fits in there tighter than a cat’s meow.

Jan 17, 2012 at 09:58 AM
SaberOne
ThinkTank 10 arrived...

The closure flap is large with tricked-out adjustable Velcro that can provide a super tight fit or barely secure depending on your desire. The exterior end pockets (more like slots) are tight heavy canvas like the rest of the bag and frankly, I’m not sure what I’d use them for. On the backside is another full-length pocket that can hold an iPad and is so tagged. I have the Vaja leather case and it just happens to be the perfect match of washed-out green leather with red trim. Styelin’ to the max! It doesn’t allow me to zip the pocket close but it fits in there tighter than a cat’s meow - very nice.

Jan 17, 2012 at 09:55 AM
SaberOne
ThinkTank 10 arrived...

The ‘Retrospective 10’ just arrived and boy is it ever larger than the ‘Retro 5’. The color is also a completely different shade of ‘Pinestone’. The Retro 5 was actually a warmer (pleasing) hue of taupe vs. greenish. Oh well, it is what it is and both have that stonewashed appearance.

The closure flap is large with tricked-out adjustable Velcro that can provide a super tight fit or barely secure depending on your desire. The exterior end pockets (more like slots) are tight heavy canvas like the rest of the bag and frankly, I’m not sure what I’d use them for. On the backside is another full-length pocket that can hold an iPad and is so tagged. I have the Vaja leather case and it just happens to be the perfect match of washed-out green leather with red trim. Styelin’ to the max! It doesn’t allow me to zip the pocket close but it fits in there tighter than a cat’s meow - very nice.

Jan 17, 2012 at 09:46 AM
SaberOne
ThinkTank 10 arrived...

The ‘Retrospective 10’ just arrived and boy is it ever larger than the ‘Retro 5’. The color is also a completely different shade of ‘Pinestone’. The Retro 5 was actually a warmer (pleasing) hue of taupe vs. greenish. Oh well, it is what it is and both have that stonewashed appearance.

The closure flap is large with tricked-out adjustable Velcro that can provide a super tight fit or barely secure depending on your desire. The exterior end pockets are tight heavy canvas like the rest of the bag and frankly, I’m not sure what I’d use them for. On the backside is another full-length pocket that can hold an iPad and is so tagged. I have the Vaja leather case and it just happens to be the perfect match of washed-out green leather with red trim. Styelin’ to the max! It doesn’t allow me to zip the pocket close but it fits in there tighter than a cat’s meow - very nice.

Jan 16, 2012 at 05:23 PM

Previous versions of SaberOne's message #10253297 « ThinkTank 10 arrived... »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.