Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of cohenfive's message #10241660 « I'm off to Shoot Bald Eagles Tomorrow..Shooting Tips Wanted... »

cohenfive
Upload & Sell: On
I'm off to Shoot Bald Eagles Tomorrow..Shooting Tips Wanted...

while i have shot birds before, and eagles before, at places like the Sacramento NWR, tomorrow my wife and i are going on a 3 hour boat ride in california\'s central valley on a reservoir that is the only spot where bald eagles nest in the state. we are going to the camanche/pardee reservoirs (our boat is going out on camanche) on a pontoon boat looking for the eagles and other wildlife that is hanging out at the reservoir. they only do these boat tours 2 days a year, and it will be our first time.

i am going to use my d3 with 500vr of course, and will bring my tc1.7 along just in case. no tripods allowed as there is not enough room on the small boat. it is going to be a bright, sunny afternoon so i am also thinking of bringing my polarizer for the 500vr which i have actually never used before....

anyway, we are pretty excited as it should be a fun adventure, and i\'m wondering if you guys and gals have any shooting or other tips for me, basic or advanced. i hope we get some good shots of the birds in their nests and maybe even on the water in action, and i will report back if i have anything decent to share.

Jan 12, 2012 at 05:01 PM

Previous versions of cohenfive's message #10241660 « I'm off to Shoot Bald Eagles Tomorrow..Shooting Tips Wanted... »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.