Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10171526 « Painterly Portrait »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Painterly Portrait

Thanks Guys,

Scott ... I know what you mean at the hand. I tried to work it more into the painting to show its significance to the process. I also tried to do the same with the brush ... didn't like what I came up with for either (yet).

Chuck ... I was wondering how "gimmicky" it would come across relative to the implied message ... hopefully, not too "gimmicky" for this one.

I kept some of my blacks in the "sub 30" range with some in the teens & 20's ... where would you suggest I place my black shadows as a target range that renders them "deep" & "rich" vs. "dark & "muddy".

I wanted to take the B&W a "little bit" more like Karen's rendering of girl on the swing ... but was unsure how to get there in PS vs. 3rd party.

Between the hand/brush & the tones not being quite how I am envisioning them ... I got a bit stuck ... so time to "ask the audience".

Here's the raw ... ACR all set to "0" ... converted from Prophoto to sRGB. Reworks welcome.

Edited the blacks via adjustments ... numbers were in the single digits (i.e. too low) ... I must have pushed them down in a subsequent step/conversion along the way without noticing.

Dec 16, 2011 at 03:01 PM
RustyBug
Painterly Portrait

Thanks Guys,

Scott ... I know what you mean at the hand. I tried to work it more into the painting to show its significance to the process. I also tried to do the same with the brush ... didn't like what I came up with for either (yet).

Chuck ... I was wondering how "gimmicky" it would come across relative to the implied message ... hopefully, not too "gimmicky" for this one.

I kept some of my blacks in the "sub 30" range with some in the teens & 20's ... where would you suggest I place my black shadows as a target range that renders them "deep" & "rich" vs. "dark & "muddy".

I wanted to take the B&W a "little bit" more like Karen's rendering of girl on the swing ... but was unsure how to get there in PS vs. 3rd party.

Between the hand/brush & the tones not being quite how I am envisioning them ... I got a bit stuck ... so time to "ask the audience".

Here's the raw ... ACR all set to "0" ... converted from Prophoto to sRGB. Reworks welcome.

Edited the blacks via adjustments ... numbers were in the single digits (i.e. too low) ... I must have pushed them down in a subsequent step/conversion along the way without noticing.

Dec 16, 2011 at 02:56 PM
RustyBug
Painterly Portrait

Thanks Guys,

Dec 16, 2011 at 02:20 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10171526 « Painterly Portrait »