Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of reno.peterson's message #10154471 « 70-200 f/2.8L IS MK II + 1.4X II TC »

reno.peterson
Upload & Sell: On
70-200 f/2.8L IS MK II + 1.4X II TC

I received my 1.4XII TC today and I essentially picked it up for the times when 200mm is just a tad short. Couple of initial observations for my uses/needs. I haven't played with the setup just yet on anything other than stationary objects, but the IQ seems to be very acceptable. AF acquires easily, not quite as quickly as the bare lens, or my bare 300 f/4. IQ seems to be affected very little to none (I know the additional glass may cause some degradation, but for all practical purposes, it's just fine.) It's nice to have very close to 300mm with a great IS system, and this setup seems to be better than either of the 300 f/4L IS lenses I've used. This isn't a scientific review, but for the everyday shooter who does care about his overall outcome, it's a great alternative to an additional lens. Having the 300 f/4L also, I'll be using it for moving targets when I need the additional 20+ mm length, and the IS isn't beneficial in the shooting situation...

Oh, and Merry Christmas and a very Happy Holiday Season and New Year !!!

Dec 10, 2011 at 05:38 AM

Previous versions of reno.peterson's message #10154471 « 70-200 f/2.8L IS MK II + 1.4X II TC »