Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of lovinglife's message #10151623 « 35 mm for Leica M »

lovinglife
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: 35 mm for Leica M

Interesting--If you are looking for subject isolation, im wondering if going from 28mm to 35mm focal length will do it for you.. As Luka pointed out, short of moving up to a 35mm summilux i'm not sure u would find what u are looking for.

That being said, I love the 28mm focal length (in combination with a 50, which would provide the subject isolation you are looking for). For me, the 28mm Summicron ASPH is a perfect lens. Although it does not produce much bokeh, it does seem to do well in the subject isolation dept.

The only other lens I would replace it with is a 35mm Summilux ASPH FLE, but i have not been able to find one as of yet.. At this point I'mm pretty happy with 28mm as it's not too wide as to distort facial features, and at the same time wide enough for most landscape types of use.

If I was you, I would keep the 28/2....

Here's an example of the subject isolation i can get with my 28...

Dec 09, 2011 at 03:35 AM
lovinglife

Interesting--If you are looking for subject isolation, im wondering if going from 28mm to 35mm focal length will do it for you.. As Luka pointed out, short of moving up to a 35mm summilux i'm not sure u would find what u are looking for.

That being said, I love the 28mm focal length (in combination with a 50, which would provide the subject isolation you are looking for). For me, the 28mm Summicron ASPH is a perfect lens. Although it does not produce much bokeh, it does seem to do well in the subject isolation dept.

The only other lens I would replace it with is a 35mm Summilux ASPH FLE, but i have not been able to find one as of yet.. At this point I'mm pretty happy with 28mm as it's not too wide as to distory facial features, and at the same time wide enough for most landscape types of use.

Here's an example of the subject isolation i can get with my 28...

Dec 09, 2011 at 03:33 AM
lovinglife

The only other lens I would replace it with is a 35mm Summilux ASPH FLE, but i have not been able to find one as of yet.. At this point I'mm pretty happy with 28mm as it's not too wide as to distory facial features, and at the same time wide enough for most landscape types of use.

Here's the type of subject isolation i can get with my 28...

Dec 09, 2011 at 03:33 AM
lovinglife

Dec 09, 2011 at 03:32 AM
lovinglife

Dec 09, 2011 at 03:32 AM
lovinglife

Dec 09, 2011 at 03:17 AM

Previous versions of lovinglife's message #10151623 « 35 mm for Leica M »