Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of kosmoskatten's message #10149953 « Does the 5N 'exaggerate' field curvature? »

kosmoskatten
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Does the 5N 'exaggerate' field curvature?

I definitely think the 28 Summicron is a little lost on APS-C. It is a sweet lens on full frame for sure. I don\'t think there are too many 28\'s that make the transit into APS-C nicely. The ZM 25 that I have is a stunning lens on full frame, it replaced the 28/2 Summicron for me. I still think the 28/2 is the bees knees on full frame - I just preferred the ZM 25/2.8.

On APS-C the ZM25 falls a bit flat. Sharp, contrasty, distortion free - and a bit flat. I need to offload the ZM25 on someone shooting full frame or keep it until a full frame solution to my taste is shipping. I can\'t see why I would ever actively pursue a Leica 28/2 for APS-C myself. Perhaps if I were using it on full frame and had a side kick, but other than that, no.

Dec 08, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Previous versions of kosmoskatten's message #10149953 « Does the 5N 'exaggerate' field curvature? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.