Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Sharona's message #10144793 « Zebra in South Africa's Great Karoo »

Sharona
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Zebra in South Africa's Great Karoo

Oosty wrote:
Hi Sharon - A very nice capture and I like it but would remove the vignette. One of the charms of the Karoo is the vastness of the open space and the vignetting makes it look a bit "fenced in".

Was this shot at Mountain Zebra National Park near Cradock? It's a lovely place even though it's nowhere as well known as the Kruger. These little Zebra are about 2/3 the size of the much bigger Burchells or Plains Zebra which have the shadow stripe and they are really beautiful.

Let's see more from your visit.

Peter

Thanks, Peter! This was shot at the Samara Reserve, about 3 hours north of Port Elizabeth. (just an estimate there...) The lodge has a lovely location, and this particular spot is on a mountain plain, accessed by a steep mountain road. At the top, it is ALMOST like being in the Ngorogoro Crater - a vast plain surrounded by mountains. In addition to the zebra, there are black wildebeest with those crazy white tails, gemsbok, hartebeest... but its very wild and you can't always get super close. This particular morning they were all running around like crazy. I didn't get many keepers from up there, but I cannot recommend it enough!

The vignetting here is stronger than on some other versions and I think you're right, I could dial that down a bit. Thanks for commenting!

Dec 06, 2011 at 06:25 PM

Previous versions of Sharona's message #10144793 « Zebra in South Africa's Great Karoo »